在苦難中扎根.在盼望中等待(耶二十九)中英bilingual

我所使你們被擄到的那城,你們要為那城求平安,為那城禱告耶和華,因為那城得平安,你們也隨著得平安。(耶 29:7) 

本章是耶利米寫給「第二次被擄之人」的信。信中主要告知他們不會很快歸回,需要在那地蓋造房屋、娶妻生子,但神並未讓他們在異鄉陷入永無止境的絕望。 

這封信宣告了四類猶太人的命運: 
1、已被擄的猶太人(10–14 節): 告知他們七十年後便能歸回。 
2、留在猶大的百姓(15–19 節): 因未聽從耶和華的話,神使他們在天下萬國中拋來拋去,並有刀劍、飢荒、瘟疫追趕他們。 
3、在巴比倫的假先知(20–23 節): 因假藉神的名說假預言,將招致神的咒詛。 
4、假先知示瑪雅(24–32 節): 同樣因說假預言、導人於盲,將面臨神的刑罰。 

神要猶太人為敵國禱告求平安,這看似是一道不近情理的命令。然而,因為神要他們在那裡長久居住,唯有那城平安,神的百姓才能得享平安。從這裡可以看見神的憐憫與慈愛——神要置身異鄉的他們在熬煉中蒙受保護。 

耶和華如此說:為巴比倫所定的七十年滿了以後,我要眷顧你們,向你們成就我的恩言,使你們仍回此地。耶和華說:我知道我向你們所懷的意念是賜平安的意念,不是降災禍的意念,要叫你們末後有指望。你們要呼求我,禱告我,我就應允你們。你們尋求我,若專心尋求我,就必尋見。(耶 29:10–13) 
當時許多被擄之民人心惶惶,加上假先知哈拿尼雅聲稱「兩年內神就會折斷巴比倫的軛」,相較之下,神所給出的「70年」顯得無比漫長。若我們是當時的猶太人,是否也很容易被假先知迷惑呢?人總是傾向選擇較容易走的那條路。當我們身處苦難時,也常向神求最快的解決方案,希望問題能立刻迎刃而解。然而,神有時正是要藉著苦難中煎熬的時間,來成全祂最美好的旨意。神當然知道 70 年對人生來說極其漫長,甚至有些人到離世前都未能親眼看見應許實現。因此神隨後安慰他們:祂所懷的是「賜平安的意念」神要的是什麼?只要猶太人願意呼求祂、信靠祂,無論何時何地,神都與他們同在。 

此時的我們,是否也像被擄到巴比倫的猶太人一樣?身陷困境、不知所措,甚至看不見黑暗的出口?當前方看不到盡頭時,神要我們做的,就是努力好好過生活,並且每日親近祂。或許有時我們的禱告,會像摩西那樣雙手發沉、感到無力;但不要忘記,我們身邊有許多像亞倫與戶珥的好同伴,會陪著我們禱告代求。更不要忘記,神隨時都在垂聽我們的呼求,當我們步伐蹣跚時,神其實正親自陪著我們走過艱辛的每一步。 

你不要害怕,因為我與你同在;不要驚惶,因為我是你的神。我必堅固你,我必幫助你;我必用我公義的右手扶持你。(賽 41:10) 

by 張家綺

真耶穌教會石牌教會、天母教會線上講道

石牌教會https://www.youtube.com/@TJChurchShipai

天母教會https://www.youtube.com/c/TJC_Tianmu/featured

Deeply Rooted through Trials, Waiting in Hope. (Jeremiah 29)

July 26, 2026


Seek the prosperity of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord in its behalf; for in its prosperity will be your prosperity.’(Jeremiah 29:7)


This chapter is a letter written by Jeremiah to the people who were taken into captivity during the second exile. In the letter, the Lord told them that they would not return anytime soon, and that they needed to build houses, marry, and have children. Yet, God would not leave them to sink into endless despair.


This letter also declared four distinct destinies for the Judeans:

1. The exiles in Babylon (verses 10–14): God promised that He would restore them and bring them back after seventy years.

2. The people remaining in Judah (verses 15–19): God would scatter them among the nations, pursuing them with the sword, famine, and plague, because they refused to listen to His words.

3. The false prophets in Babylon (verses 20–23): They prophesied lies in God’s name, bringing God’s curse upon themselves.

4. The false prophet Shemaiah (verses 24–32): He would face God’s punishment because he had spoken falsely against the Lord and led the people to trust in a lie.


God commanded the Judeans to pray for the peace of their enemies, which might seem like an unreasonable request. However, since God intended for them to settle there for a long time, they could only live in peace if the city itself was secure. From this, we can see God’s mercy and love—He sought to protect His people even while they were undergoing trials in a foreign land.


 “For this is what the Lord says: ‘When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for prosperity and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:10-13)

Many of the captured people were in panic at that time. Furthermore, the false prophet Hananiah falsely declared, “Even so within two full years I will break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all the nations.” Compared to this promise, the seventy years promised by God looked extremely long. If we had been the Judeans, wouldn’t we have been blinded, too? People prefer the easy way out. When we are in suffering, we often pray to God for short cuts, hoping all our problems will be solved right away. However, God uses these difficulties to complete His perfect will. God knew that, in a person’s lifetime, seventy years is extremely long. Some might not live to see the promise fulfilled before they pass away. Yet, God had plans to give the exiles peace. What did God truly desire from the Judeans? All He asked was for them to call upon Him and rely on Him, knowing that God would be with them anywhere and at any time. 


Are we today like the Judeans exiled in Babylon, trapped in hardship, unsure of what to do, and unable to find a way out? When we can’t see our destination, all God asks of us is to live each day faithfully and draw close to Him. Sometimes, when we pray, our hands grow weary like Moses’, and we feel powerless. But don’t forget, we have companions who will pray with us, just like Aaron and Hur lifted up Moses’ hands. And don’t forget that God hears our prayers. When we stagger, God Himself walks beside us every single step. 


Do not fear, for I am with you;

Do not be afraid, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you, I will also help you,

I will also uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ (Isaiah 41:10)


by Jia-Chi Chang


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

當我煩躁不安、沉吟悲傷、不肯受安慰時(詩七十七)

當剛強壯膽(書一)

從俄羅斯入侵烏克蘭思想真正的保障(代上十四)