祂的管教,是要領你回轉(耶五十)中英bilingual

主萬軍之耶和華說:你這狂傲的啊,我與你反對,因為我追討你的日子已經來到。(耶 50:31) 


讀完本章,尋思巴比倫這個國家,它曾經非常強盛,而神也使用巴比倫來管教悖逆的猶大。可是很特別的,神一方面使用巴比倫,另一方面卻仍然要審判巴比倫。第31節讓我感受到,神真的是一位善惡分明的神巴比倫雖然成為神管教的工具,但他們自己的驕傲、狂傲和所犯的罪,神並沒有忽略。第29節甚至說:「他怎樣待人,也要怎樣待他。」32節又說:「狂傲的必絆跌仆倒,無人扶起。」讀到這裡時,想到一件事情:神可以使用人的行動成就祂的旨意,但這並不代表神認同人的罪。 

這也讓我聯想到猶大賣主的事。如果當時猶大沒有賣耶穌,難道神就沒有辦法成就救恩嗎?當然不是。神仍有祂自己的方法成就救恩。所以人的罪從來不是神成就祂旨意的必要條件,神可以在人的失敗中成就祂的計畫,但人的罪仍然需要自己面對,這點讓我們回頭再看巴比倫,提醒意義非凡。 

有時候我們會因為自己被神所用,就覺得自己好像很重要;或者因為事情做得不錯,就覺得是自己的能力。但巴比倫的問題並不是他們沒有能力,而是他們在擁有能力之後開始狂傲,甚至忘記了神。這也讓我開始思想自己:我們今天所擁有的能力、工作、機會、收入,甚至能夠服事神的恩賜,有多少真的是我們自己可以決定的?其實很多是神所給的。故人需要常常提醒自己:「我所有的,都是領受的」。當我們忘記這件事,就很容易把神所給的恩典,慢慢變成自己可誇口的資本。有了能力,就覺得是自己的本事;有了成就,就覺得是自己的努力;被神使用,就覺得自己比別人更重要。但神對巴比倫所說的:「你這狂傲的啊,我與你反對。」讓我覺得這是一個嚴肅的提醒。神不是反對我們有能力,而是提醒我們,不要因為有能力,就忘記能力是從哪裡來的。 

我的百姓作了迷失的羊,牧人使他們走差路,使他們轉到山上。他們從大山走到小山,竟忘了安歇之處。(耶 50:6)筆者也很喜歡本章神對猶大的態度。6節說百姓作了迷失的羊,猶大確實犯罪,也因此受管教;但神的心並不是要把祂的百姓永遠丟棄。19節說:我必再領以色列回他的草場……得以飽足。」20節更說:我所留下的人,我必赦免。」讀到這裡,我感受到神的管教仍然帶著挽回的心。有時候我們遇到不順利的事情,很容易只問:「神為什麼讓我遇到這些事?」,也許我們也可以回頭問問自己:我是不是已經忘記神了?是不是因為生活越來越順利,就慢慢不再尋求神?是不是因為自己有能力處理事情,就開始覺得不需要倚靠神?是不是因為擁有得越來越多,反而忘記這些原本都是神所賞賜的? 

他們的救贖主大有能力,萬軍之耶和華是他的名。(耶 50:34a) 
所以,「數算恩典」其實是一件很重要的事情。當我們常常回頭數算,就會再次發現自己其實沒有可誇口的。今天能夠擁有的,是神給的;今天能夠完成的,是神給的能力;今天能夠服事,也是神給的機會。34節也提醒我,真正可以倚靠的,從來不是自己手中所擁有的能力,而是那位賜下一切的神。 
本章讓我們看見,神可以使用巴比倫管教猶大,但巴比倫自己的罪仍要自己承擔;猶大雖然犯罪受管教,神卻沒有因此放棄祂的百姓,仍然要把他們帶回來。這也提醒我們,當我們生命中遇到神的管教時,不要只問:「為什麼神要讓我遇到這些事?」也許更應該問的是:「神是不是正在藉著這些事情,帶我回到祂面前?」。祂的管教,不是為了把我們推得更遠,而是要領我們回轉!願我們在順境中不忘記神,在擁有時不忘記一切都是領受的;即使在被神提醒、管教的時候,也願意謙卑自己,重新回到祂面前。因為祂不只是管教我們的神,更是那真正愛我們到底的主。 

來吧,你們要與耶和華聯合為永遠不忘的約。(耶 50:5b) 

By 黃志宇

真耶穌教會石牌教會、天母教會線上講道

石牌教會https://www.youtube.com/@TJChurchShipai

天母教會https://www.youtube.com/c/TJC_Tianmu/featured

His discipline is for leading you to return. (Jeremiah Chapter 50)

August 15, 2026


“Behold, I am against you, arrogant one,” Declares the Lord God of armies,

“For your day has come,The time when I will punish you. (Jeremiah 50:31)


After reading this chapter and reflecting on Babylon, I was struck by how powerful this nation once was. God used Babylon as His instrument to discipline the rebellious kingdom of Judah. Yet, remarkably, while God used Babylon, He still held Babylon accountable and judged it for its own wickedness. Verse 31 clearly reveals that God is a God of perfect justice. Although Babylon served as a tool for divine discipline, God did not overlook their arrogance, pride, and sin. Verse 29 declares, “Repay her according to her work,” and verse 32 adds, “The arrogant one will stumble and fall with no one to raise him up.” Reading this passage reminds us of a important truth. God may use human actions to accomplish His will, but that does not mean He approves of human sin. 


This brings to mind the event of Judas betraying Jesus. If Judas had not betrayed Jesus, would God have been unable to fulfill His plan of salvation? Of course not. God always has His own ways to accomplish redemption. Human sin is never a necessary requirement for God to achieve His will. God can fulfill His plans even through human failures, yet individuals must still face the consequences of their own sin. Looking back at Babylon in this light carries profound significance for us.


Sometimes, we might feel important simply because we are being used by God, or we might attribute successful outcomes to our own ability. Babylon’s failure was not a lack of ability; rather, after attaining power, they became arrogant and forgot God. This prompts self-reflection, how much of our ability, career, opportunities, income, or spiritual gifts to serve God truly originate from ourselves? In truth, almost everything is bestowed by God. Thus, we must constantly remind ourselves, “All that I have has been received.” When we forget this, we risk turning God’s grace into our own personal boasting. When we have capability, we credit our talents; when we achieve success, we credit our hard work; when we are used by God, we consider ourselves superior to others. But God’s warning to Babylon, “Behold, I am against you, O proud one.”, it serves as a serious reminder. God is not against our having abilities, but He warns us never to forget where those abilities come from. 


My people have become lost sheep;

Their shepherds have led them astray.They have made them turn aside on the mountains.They have gone from mountain to hill,

They have forgotten their resting place. (Jeremiah 50:6) I am also deeply moved by God’s heart toward Judah in this chapter. Verse 6 describes His people as lost sheep. Judah indeed sinned and suffered discipline, yet God’s intent was never to abandon His people forever. Verse 19 promises, “And I will bring Israel back to his pasture and he will graze on Carmel and Bashan, and his desire will be satisfied in the hill country of Ephraim and Gilead.” And verse 20 adds, “for I will forgive those whom I leave as a remnant.” Here we sense that divine discipline is always motivated by a desire to restore. When we encounter hardships, we often ask “Why is God letting this happen to me?” Perhaps we should also ask ourselves, Have I forgotten God? As life becomes smoother, have I gradually stopped seeking Him? Because I am capable of handling things on my own, do I feel I no longer need to depend on Him? As I acquire more, have I forgotten that all of it was granted by God in the first place?


Their Redeemer is strong, the Lord of armies is His name. (Jeremiah 50:34a)

Therefore, “counting our blessings” is truly essential. When we pause to count our blessings, we realize once again that we have nothing to boast about. What we possess today is given by God, what we accomplish is by the strength He provides; the opportunity to serve is a grace He accords. Verse 34 reminds us that the One we can truly rely on is never the limited ability in our hands, but the God who bestows all things.  

Jeremiah Chapter 50 shows us that while God used Babylon to discipline Judah, Babylon still had to bear responsibility for its own sin. Likewise, although Judah sinned and was disciplined, God didn’t give up on His people but promised to lead them back. When facing divine discipline in our lives, let us not merely ask “Why is God allowing this?” Instead, let us ask, “Is God using this circumstance to bring me back to Himself?” His discipline is not intended to push us further away, but to lead us to return! May we never forget God in times of prosperity, nor forget that all we have is received. Even when corrected or disciplined by God, may we humble ourselves and return to His presence. For He is not only the God who disciplines us, but the Lord who truly loves us to the end. 


They will come so that they may join themselves to the Lord in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten. (Jeremiah 50:5b)


By Zhi-Yu Huang


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

當我煩躁不安、沉吟悲傷、不肯受安慰時(詩七十七)

當剛強壯膽(書一)

從俄羅斯入侵烏克蘭思想真正的保障(代上十四)